1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway scoops?? what do you think

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by progmc, Dec 18, 2004.

1. progmc

progmc Member

Well the snoway dealer told me not to put wings on my 8' steel plow because the steel on the mold board is to thin. So I made these to help hold the snow in. Do you think they will hold up or not?? 3/4" rubber (cow mat) with the steel supports on the outside on the top so the plow can still trip.

2. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

that lools like it will work until it trips for the first time :rolleyes:
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Are they heavy rubber or metal?
  4. progmc

progmc Member

Its 3/4" rubber the brackets on the top are metal. When the plow trips the rubber pushes out to the side because there is no mounting on the bottom. Guess I will see what happend just thought Id see what you guys thought.
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

It should work pretty good then as you put some though into it being able to trip. :salute:
  6. progmc

progmc Member

Thanks guys I will post the results after the real test. :drinkup:
  7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Can you post some pics from a bit farther away??? Hard to tell what the final setup looks like.
  8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I like them. As long as they are supported enough not to tear out when a load of snow gets behind them, I think you'll be alright.