1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway remote

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tostendorf, Dec 20, 2012.

1. tostendorf

tostendorf Junior Member
    from 21532

My Snoway remote says 'relay fault'. What does this mean. Plow still works.
    However it intermittantly beeps and says 'no receiver' then nothing works. What's going on?? Then magically it all starts working again.

2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

take the plastic cover off your plow, theres a fuse on the back somewhere under the cover pull that ou for a minute and then put it back in see if that helps any

3. tostendorf

tostendorf Junior Member
    from 21532

I had found the fuse last night. I pulled it and put back in. Still same problem.
    I did find that when the 'no receiver' message came up, if I tapped the black receiver module, the problem went away for awhile.
    The unit is still under warranty, so I am going to contact Snoway today. I think the module is bad.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take it straight to the dealer if it's under warranty

5. w3025169

w3025169 Junior Member
    from Tundra

Help!!!! Sunday out of luck

So i believe my solenoid burnt up last night, so i replaced it but now it displays relay fault. I read in the manual that it means that power is not sensed at the start switch coil.....what the Heck does that mean.
    I also believe that I have the solenoid grounded properly.
    My thoughts are the module went bad.....Help please

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ground the 12 volt motor solenoid?? it is triggered by a ground. I assume you have a Pro control?