1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway remote upgrade.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Feb 4, 2014.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I upgraded a plow to the pro control! It's so much better than the grey remote! It's fast, user friendly and loaded with features!

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I just upgraded too, not because I wanted to. I will say it is more responsive now. It took some getting used to having to push up to drop the plow, and down to lift, but other than that, I like it.

3. lawn king

My Kubota loaders operate the same way, so it was easy for me!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The new Pro Control II has the ability to change it to the way you prefer.

I have used aircraft style so long I have issues with DD controls.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I guess I need to read the operating instructions. Although with all this snow we have been having, I havent really had time to play with the new controler.
    Basher, I ended up buying my controler locally (a bit more expensive than you, but I was able to take the 2 hour drive and have it the same day) and they tested the old controler and the "brain" and said that the right turn was the problem on the brain and the up was the problem on the controler. They sold me a new right valve and told me the location, but they gave me the wrong valve. So what I did was use the new coil on the old valve and it seems to be working fine. Is there anything else I need to be concerned of? I dont want to burn up the new parts. Thanks!!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like a bad coil not a valve. what color are your coils? are they 24 or 16 watt?

you can test all your coils for condition. 16 watt blue coils should read 5.7-6.3 ohm, black 3.7-3.9 ohm.

7. lawn king

Take a few minutes and program the macros, they will save you a ton of time! You hit the button at the end of a push and your plow positions itself for the next push while you back up!

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Now I'm really scared... The coil I took off was Red. I think the one that came with the new valve was black. The red one has 25W stamped on the bottom and 10vdc stamped on the top. Again, everything seems to be working correctly now. Do I need to change the rest of the coils? It is a HTD if that makes any differance

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK, red correct for HTD, don't sweat it. The new harness has a three amp fuse going to the coil on the passengers side closest the vehicle? if so, all good, if not add it.

Always good to remove and clean the stem between the valve and coil, any corrosion in there acts as an isolator requiring more amperage for the coil to do its job.

10. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I know there is an inline fuse in the new harness I had to install. I will double check to make sure it is a 3 amp fuse. While I have it apart I will check and clean any that are corroded. Thanks for the heads up!! Dave