1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay Remote Control

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rhinohd, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Should I consider this on a plow I am buying this week or should I stay with the joystick? It's an $100 option... Let me know!
  2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have the Sno-Way wireless controller and I love it. Plus it helps out a lot when your putting the plow on.
  3. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

I noticed there are only 3 buttons on the controller and one being down pressure. Is one a joystick type button (moves side to side/up and down)? Also is that a screen at the top??? Hard to tell by the pictures on there website..
  4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Wireless controller, does this mean you can take it outside the truck. What happens if you get close to some one else that has one?? :confused: Can see some real advantages to this, can see some real safety disadvantages to this.
  5. avalancheplow

Yeah you can take it out of the truck. I'm not sure if it works with others though.
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Thought it would be neat to pull up side your buddy's truck & angel his blade for him. :nod:
  7. avalancheplow

The middle of the top three buttons is the up/down. The two on the sides control left and right angle. The two buttons in the lower middle control 1- on/off and the second is the down pressure.

Attached Files:

8. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Thanks for the info. I got a price of $3500 plus $300 for the install then another $100 for the controler? Hows that sound?

Thats for an 8' 29" Poly blade...
  9. avalancheplow

Thats pretty good. I paid $3700 for mine installed and I have a 7'6" poly plow.
  10. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Is the remote in addition to the joystick or does it replace it? It would be a cool addition, but I would drop it in the snow or dunk it in the coffee and then what?
  11. airnet

airnet Junior Member

Sno Way Remote Control

We have the remote control and it is the best investment that we have made.

Some complain about it due to problems with interrerence of the radio wave but we have had no problem.

It is so easy to hook up your plow and when plowing it is much easier to hold in your hand and use both hands on the steering wheel while controlling the remote control.

I would suggest that you invest the $100 but be careful where you put the remote control when outside the vehicle.

I accidentally left mine on the plow after disconnecting it one day. Luckily I went back in time to still retrieve it!
  12. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We have the remotes on all the trucks with SnoWay plows and they are fantastic.

The top buttons control the plow the bottom buttons are on/off, downpressure, and spare for accessories

The controller is programmed like a garage door opener and only controls your plow. It works from anywhere near the truck. We hang ours on a piece of velcro on the dash. They are very hardy and the only way we killed one was when a new driver ran over it.

It is a real fatigue saver since you can control the plow with either hand, while steering, shifting, etc.

Typically, folks install the hard-wire control as a backup, though connections must be made on the older plows. On the new ones the control module must be swapped (about a 5 minute process).

Buy it. You won't be sorry.
  13. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Well it's a done deal. I get my 8'/29" poly snoway in 2 weeks! I did end up ordering the remote and hope to have a lot of good things to say about it. Thanks for all your help folks!
  14. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I got the wired control. The dealer told me that he hd some complaints about the wireless not working sometimes. Plus it was an additional $100. The wired control has a long wire on it, so I can take it outside the truck when I put the plow on.
    Love that Down pressure system.
  15. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

Plow prices are brutal in Canada

You guys get your plows for a song in the States. I paid $6,500 for the 6.8-foot SnoWay on my Jeep YJ (Wrangler). All plows cost a fortune in Canada, even Arctic, which are made here.

It would work out well if we were charging more for our services, but from what I've seen they are about the same.

I don't even want to talk about the prices we pay for lawn equipment, it's too depressing!
  16. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

That is alot of money. I paid $3500 with instal.
  17. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Something wrong. I sell the Blizzard 680lt for 4295.00 installed. $3250.00 US. You could have taken a little vacation, drove down and saved.
  18. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Well I have the remote and it's awesome! One tip I have for anyone is DO NOT PUT THE CONTROLER IN YOUR POCKET while working around the plow! If you bend or move the wrong way you may hit a button and the plow starts to MOVE!

pbeering do know how to program the extra button?

19. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

That button is there for decoration. The Snoway literature says: "The button has been designed into the unit for future possible use"

The theory was folks would use it to control auxiliary lights, but most use seperate switching.
  20. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

man, i wish there was a snowway dealer around me, i would deffinatly pick up a 7.5 plow.

it seems like they have real advantages with the downpressure and all.

does anyone in the metro detroit area have one, and if so where did ya buy it?

im looking at spending around 3500-4000 for a plow. (selling my 2 trailers and dixie chopper to pay for one)

right now im between a blizzard and a snoway.

also, what have you guys paid for a snoway mt90 with the wireless control?

also, is the downpressure thing STANDARD? because i really like the idea of the downpressure system.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004