1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway promblems

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jensensseward, Dec 26, 2009.

1. jensensseward

jensensseward Junior Member

Hey guys. I just got my snoway plow hooked up. It works, but..... when i try to lower plow it does but wants to raise right back up. Motor runs full time. When I jiggle the joystick box it quits doing this but then won't lower at all. Not sure if its a controller issue or in the hydaulics. Any help would be great. We just got bombed by the storm and I'm sol.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model? check your 12 volt motor soliniod sounds like it's stuck on.
  3. jensensseward

jensensseward Junior Member

its model 25 with down pressure. I talked to a guy today that used to work for snoway and he suggested the same thing . Said that the snoway type solinoid is heavier duty than the round style one that I used. It still could be the joystick. They can be rebuilt. He does that as wll. To check solinoid he said to see if I have 12v at the brown/ white wire going into the small prongs. Im going to try that and see where it leads. Thanks for reply. take it easy. dave