1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dan Massey, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Dan Massey

Dan Massey Junior Member

I bought a used snoway plow and sure enough it worked great in the summer last night when I got out of work @ 12:00 a.m. it raised once then that was it. The relay makes a clicking noise once in a while could it have gone bad. I tested it it has 12 volts going in and 7 going out when I activate the control. Could someone please help? Thank You

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I had this same problem. I cleaned my connection plug which had junk in it. The male heads on the plowside and truckside there is a little slit on the top take a pic tool and spread them open a little bit more. If it still acts up then try the solenoid or relay.

3. Dan Massey

Dan Massey Junior Member

Thanks, is it normal voltage to drop from 12 to 7 on the relay like that? I really am frustrated by this. Its my first time owning/operating a plow.

4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Not sure if thats normal voltage drop I have never checked. The only reason I know what I said is because it just happened to me and my plow is under warranty still so I called my dealer and he said its a common thing for sno-ways.

5. Dan Massey

Dan Massey Junior Member

after checking in the daylight and with a little help (someone holding the meter) I foung that by jumping the ground from the bettery to the pump it worked . Aftyer further inspection my ground which is located under the radiator shroud was loose. Thanks for your help

6. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I put on my snowway a few weeks ago to test it out. Was sitting there the whole summer. It seemed to work just fine. But at than it seemed not to respond when I pressed anything on the remote. And than it it worked again. So I don't know what that is all about. I brushed all connectors and checked all wiring and it all seems fine. I would say get the electrical connector cleaner and a metal brush and clean out all connectors.