1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Buck125, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Buck125

Buck125 Junior Member
    from 46123

I have a 24 series with downpressure when I work the right and left angle the plow will creep up. Also it will only drop plow when downpressure switch is on. I have check the coil and valve on down and raise function and shuttle valve it moves smooth. The help is very appreciated

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check for power to the lower valve/coil (the one on the front of the plow) could have a bad wire/switch/plug connection.

3. Buck125

Buck125 Junior Member
    from 46123

Thank You Basher for replying I do have power at that coil and have check continuity on the wiring on the truck side and plow side The thing that puzzles me that you can take a gravity down controller and it works fine.
    So I switch down switches from controller that work and it does the same wont go down unless the down pressure is on