1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway problem

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hydro_37, Feb 13, 2007.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a Lobo 8'3'' V Blade and blew the hose to raise the blade. Is there a way to run the hose so there isn't so much of a kink in it? Another guy has blown 3 on his Lobo. Can a piece of metal be put over the hole on the bottom so ice and snow stays off the hose? It is a PITA to change that hose and I hope I don't have to do it again in the middle of a snowstorm.

2. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

did you figure anything out?

3. hydro_37

from iowa

I got a hose made. Still has the sharp bend in it. Gonna try to cover the hole with a steel plate and some self tapping screws so the hose is still accesable. Got a spare hose made as well. There should be some way to route the hose so there is not so much of a bend in it.

4. where did you go for new hoses?

5. hydro_37

from iowa

First hose I got was from CarQuest. It is too big to fit so I took off the hose for down pressure and switched it with the power up hose. Napa is supposed to be making me the exact same hose that cracked. I will post if it is the same as the original.

6. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

some tractor dealerships will make hoses for you as well, i go to our local Case dealer to get our hoses made.

7. hydro_37

from iowa

Just picked the hose up from Napa. It is an exact replacement
    My cost was $21.64 :bluebounc
    Thanks for the info Snowman but Napa is here in town and Case and all the hydraulic supply places are 20 miles away.

8. napa, eh? cool. it's nice to know of a place to get them from.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have a part number?

10. hydro_37

from iowa

Here are the Napa part numbers. It is not a premade hose. The hose end fittings are part # 04U666 and # 04UP05
    They cut a hose to length and put the fittings on. It is made exactly like the Sno-way hose and is the same material as far as PSI rating.