1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by menchhofer, Mar 16, 2004.

1. menchhofer

menchhofer Junior Member
    from IN

I have a snoway plow...about 2001 model w/lights. Everything has worked fine but now I have two problems. One, when I leave it connected to the vehicle, my battery drains. I replaced the solenoid being told this was the problem...I will need to wait and see.

My other problem is when I connect the plow lights, they no longer come on like they have in the past. Usually when I plugh them it the truck lights go off and they come on. Now nothing.
    This plow is on 2002 GMC 2500HD.

Has anyone had any experience of this kind? I appreciate any help...
  2. smokey

smokey Member
    from indy

As far as the battery drain I don't know. But the light problem is probably the relay. I just replaced the relay on mine and it fixed everything. P.S. Don't buy the replay from snoway its like $50. I found a place on the internet and got it for $8.00! YEP $8.00! If you need more info on the relay let me know and I'll get it to you!
  3. menchhofer

menchhofer Junior Member
    from IN

Thanks. I would be interested in the relay if you could provide me additional information. Email me smenchhofer@indy.rr.com....