1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nantz, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Nantz

Nantz Junior Member

Hello all,
    Looking for advice. Fist time posting. I have an older snoway STD2000 series plow on my 1/2 ton 2006 silverado. It has started giving me problems. I am the second owner. It is a 3 pin connect plow with the grey wireless remote. Remote is working fine. Lights up and operates as it should. Problem is, there appears to be a loose connection inside the black box that receives the signal from the remote. If I tap on that box, the one under the plastic cover, that has the green light bulb, the plow will work for a few minutes. Then I need to rap on the box again until it starts working again. Called my local dealer in CT, was told I need to replace the whole controller and receiver unit, cost... $1000 bucks. I was told they are no longer making the older style receiver unit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated since I just this week had to spend 1500 on all new brake lines and calipers.
    Thanks all,

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shoot me an email at the address below