1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mlc4163, Dec 4, 2003.

1. mlc4163

mlc4163 Member

Hooked my snoway up to a truck just returned from the body shop.
    Have nothing, no power not diddly. The down pressure light is on but no movement up or side to side. Manual points out the light is only for the toggle switch, light on when down pressure is on and off when off. Light only shows position of toggle not if unit is working. Manual also says to see dealer if no power.
    Any quick checks I should do. I will get a hold of the dealer today but any ideas are welcome.

2. NHSnow

NHSnow Junior Member

From "The down pressure light " I assume you have the remote control unit.

I had the same "problem" when I hooked up my plow this fall. Light was visible on the remote control but no plow movement.

In the end it was simply a low battery in the remote. Once I changed the battery I did notice that the light was much brighter.

So, just because you have a visible light does not apparently mean that you have enough juice to use the remote.

3. peewee

peewee Member

check your solenoid. I had many solenoids blow. I jumped the two large terminals with a booster cable. this will make the plow raise up. If it raises you need a solenoid. If not you need to trace the power from the source, to where it ends. Or get an Arctic:)