1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Prob

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by smenchhofer, Feb 13, 2008.

1. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

Was out plowing the other day and wanted to use down pressure. Flipped the switch and the plow raises all the way up. Tried it again several times and it just continues. No matter which way I go.. up or down on the switch. if the DP is on, the plow raises.

Has anyone had this experience as I sure could use some help.

Thanks

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Can you give us some additional information? What series of plow do you have? Do you know the serial # on the plow? If you can post some information I can send you some links to manuals for you plow and see what I can do to assist you.

BTW just noticed this is your first post. Welcome to the site.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Discounected wire, bad coil or Hung DP switch. if it has a predator paw switch on the pump box maaaaaybe the switch

4. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I've had this exact same problem.

Now is the time to pull your cover and clean your set-up. I recomend getting the plow off the truck and let it heat up to 70 degrees someplace warm. Clean every electrical connection with battery terminal cleaner and/or tub-tile cleaner. Scrub all the solonoid/valve blades with a Grey scotch-brite pad. Snug up the terminal ends with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Dielectric grease and re-assemble.

Inspect all parts of the plow for cracks, wear, and lubrictate. Suck out all the plow fluid, drain your rams and re-fill with Sno-Way fluid.

Reinstall it, run the rams around and up, re-check fluid levels and you're off and running. We've never had the switch box fail. It was always the electrics.

5. smenchhofer

from in

I am not sure of the model number, but it is the smaller height plow...8ft and it is the older style mount. It also has the older box switch but in reality this plow has not been used very much but is about 10 years old. Have had no major problems until now. Does this help or is more information needed?

6. toby4492

7. smenchhofer

from in

Thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone.

8. toby4492

Did you get it fixed? If so what was it for future reference?