1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway prblem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kmotion, Feb 19, 2010.

1. kmotion

kmotion Junior Member

At the very end of a power angle command the plow jumps up as though I hit the raise button. It is a MT model, no down pressure, wired control. About 6 years old. Thanks!
  2. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

This is what I have seen, it sounds like what you describe: If my plow is in the air and I move it to either side, when I release the control it will climb an inch or two.

I think that is caused by the spool valve on the pump returning to its center position before all the pressure has dissipated. I don't see this when the plow is on the ground in the float position, since the "down" solonoid is open, releasing any pressure.

Is this climbing causing any problems? Has it always done it? I think it is just a nuance of Snoways.
  3. kmotion

kmotion Junior Member

Snoway Problem

Thanks for the reply. The plow doesn't go up as you said but the point you mentioned about the down solenoid being open is a clue. If it doesn't open perhaps I get the lift as mentioned at the end of the power angle mode.