1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kohern, Oct 22, 2003.

1. kohern

kohern Junior Member

Today I became the owner of a new snoway plow!! This is ment for my driveway and for my camp. I am sure now that I have a plow I will make new friends or hear from people I haven't heard from in awhile. My question is, are there any snoway owners out there with tricks of the trade? I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban, so I may need about a football field to turn around in!! The new snoway have a remote control blade!! Any disadvantages?? Any help would be appreciated thanks!!!

Kevin

2. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

welcome to plowsite:waving: , and congradulations on the new plow. What model and size plow did you get? I do not know of any disadvantages of the wireless controller, except possably miss placing it.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Check all the bolts after your first use.

Change the oil every season.Use the proper specified oil.

Add a set of Timbrens to your truck if you don't already have them.

Enjoy your new plow,and welcome to plowsite. :waving:

4. kohern

kohern Junior Member

Joe & Chris

I purchase a snoway MT90, 7'6". I also needed a new battery. Is this commen when installing a plow? I hate to sound ignorant, but could you explain "timbrens", what do they do?

Thanks
    Kevin

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Plows are very hard on electrical systems,so a new battery would help.Get the biggest one you can find.

Timbrens are hollow rubber load boosters which help with the extra weight of the plow.Do a search on here,and check out www.timbren.com

6. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

Hey wyldman, how many times have you linked the "timbrens" website, maybe about 150? :D

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Not quite that many,but it is a good site.Maybe I should start getting commisions for recommending these products.;)

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Spend some more money and get a urethane edge.:p