1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jrod8124, Oct 1, 2011.

1. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

I am looking for some help. I just bought an older model sno-way poly 7'6" plow with pump. It has a 9 pin conector plow side that has only 6 pins in it. I am looking to build my own wiring harness and control switches for power. I am looking for a wiring diagram to get started any suggestions would be helpful. As I said it is an older model with a monarch pump on it and no downpressure.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There are no drawings online for the pump in the snoway plow. But they are still the same if you can find another source of the drawing. Any Monarch of that type will be the same.

3. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

thanks but do you know anything about the wiring for this one. I have a green/blk, red, black, blue, small red, yellow, green, and brown wires in the harness. all of the schematics I looked at dont have a yellow.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model number is on the pump?

5. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

all the numbers I could get off the pump G42, 342001, RAIMC CANT READ THE REST...,....

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

thanks this is a huge help.

8. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

the up down cylinder is stuck in the up position I think I might have air in the line how do I purge the air out of this unit. almost have the wiring done also.:nod: I cant seem to get anymore fluid into the system.

9. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

can anyone tell me if the center of the case where there is a foam breather is that where the resivor for fluid is???????????? Thanks in advance.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes it is.

11. jrod8124

jrod8124 Junior Member

yeah got it figured out thanks for all the help. found out why they recomend a 2 gauge line for power lol the whole line burst into flame yesterday. took most of the day rewiring with 0 AWG braided. wow for my first plow cant believe its done.....................