1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Plow Setup / Hitch Pins

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jimbo54494, Nov 7, 2011.

1. jimbo54494

jimbo54494 Junior Member

I have my Snoway series 25 setup finally done for my Ram 1500. I've connected and picked up the plow and have a question about the top hitch pin that connects to the truck. The supplied pin is just short of 6" and only goes through 2 of the 3 holes on the plow frame. (See attached picture from Snoway parts manual - #24). When I lift the plow it hangs crooked and I think if it was pinned through all 3 holes it would be more level. The pin would have to be 3/4" x 8 1/2" to span all 3 holes. I'm pretty sure I have the factory supplied pin, down to the roll pin in the center. I'm also worried that if I could bend something without a longer pin in there. Should I find a longer pin or am I ok with the current setup? Also, the plow was missing the 2 bottom hitch pins. Are standard forged hitch pins from the tractor store fine or do I need something stronger? Sorry in advance for the novice questions...

Snoway Pin.JPG

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is the right pin.