1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay Plow question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ramp, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ramp

ramp Member

I have a old 3 point Series 22 SnoWay plow for a 2003 Chevy S10. The mount and wiring are installed. Everything appears to be working fine. I was looking for the owners manual on the www.snoway.com web site but cannot find it. My question is basically the switch on the plastic cover for the hydraulic motor. What purpose is it for? A couple of wires to the switch have fallen off.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think my friend you have a 18 series. That switch activates the jack foot. you use the blue, yellow and tan wires.

instructions for the jack stand

http://www.snoway.com/service/Accessories/97100402C.pdf

Measure the height of your blade if it is an 18 inches does it look like the ones in these manuals? if not let me know:waving:

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100196E.pdf

http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100198g.pdf

http://www.snoway.com/service/Setup_Installation/97100197c.pdf

3. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Call your local dealer. The one here in Indiana has been very helpful when I have had a quest or two.

4. ramp

ramp Member

I'll review the text. I knew it was an older plow but in excellent condition. Thanks so much!!

5. ramp

ramp Member

I measured the blade and it is 22 inches. It appears to be very similar aspects of each of the three manuals you provided. The controller includes the light and side toggle.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

is there a serial number on the passengers side of the a frame?

7. ramp

ramp Member

80C101237
    This is the number on the plow. I'm in the process of stripping it down, made sure to avoid the tag.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Let me see what I can find based on those numbers. That is the blade serial number.

9. ramp

ramp Member

Correct, is there another number on the plow frame?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes on the A-frame passenger's side.

11. ramp

ramp Member

It must have been an off day at the shop. They placed this one on the drivers side.
    24D101476

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ok you have a 24 series with Down pressure. I'll get you the right links.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

14. ramp

ramp Member

That's great! I got a new piece of lexan for the plow and primed part of it today.

Do people add light kits to these units?

15. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Yes I have a set of lights and they do help out a lot

I love my Z

16. ramp

ramp Member

I am just finishing putting this rig together. Rebuilt the engine and front end on the S10. Now just completing painting and putting a new piece of poly on the plow. Did you purchase the kits through SnoWay or did you fabricate your own?

And yes, this little S10 is awesome. Drives real nice a real difference compared to the full size Suburban it replaces.

17. blazer2plower

There are a few affter market parts. that is what I did. And for the mount I did some cuting and welding.
    and for the moldbord gepoleyshapes is the way to go. OEM is1/8" I got a 4'x8' for 190.oo. Dealer whanted 240.oo
    I have 400lb in the back of my blazer. I would start around there.

I love my Z

18. blazer2plower

Sorry I made mine. They look OEM.

19. ramp

ramp Member

Ok, I was actually thinking along these lines. Price is always an issue. Years ago I used to do welding and fabricating and I have the equipment. probably wait till spring for that.

If you can, post a picture.

20. blazer2plower

Sorry all I use is my phone. can you pm yet