1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway plow question - Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by penberth, Sep 30, 2004.

1. penberth

penberth Member

I was calling around to the Snoway dealers here in Buffalo. I was told that I wouldn't want to put a Snoway MT80 on a Wrangler, and that I should only use a ST80 (The 18" tall one) due to weight. I don't think this weighs much more than a 6.5' Western or Meyer...

Any comments on that? I don't really like the little plow. :)

If that is the case, then I will just move over my Meyer TMP6.5.

Also, any idea on what I could sell my Meyer TMP6.5 for? Its about 3 years old, and in good shape. I would like to get enough so that I could put some cash with it, and get a different brand. Overall, I was happy with the operation of the plow, it was just the connections to hook it up that were a pain.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I would get a meyers tmp 7.0

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I would not waste my time or money putting an 18" plow on a vehicle. Either go with a different brand, or just adjust the front end suspension of your jeep to carry the weight of the taller plow.

4. smack1

smack1 Junior Member

tmp 6.5

If you decide to sell your meyers plow let me know - I need one! Do you know if the mount will fit a '90 wrangler?

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

From what ive seen, wranglers carry plows better then cherokees. I would think if the 400-450 LB range is not too much of a problem for the cherokee then the wrangler would handle the MT 80 fine with a set of timbrens. The underbodies of the cherokees and the frame of the wranglers are different so i do think that you would at the least have to make the plow work with another mount, you may have to change the electrical modules which could cost some $. I would ask a few other snoway dealers and see what they say about the MT 80. Another option is blizzard, the 680LT (6'8") and the 720LT (7'2"). The 680 has a 21.5" high moldboard and weighs 355 LBS and the 720 has a 23.5" high moldboard and weighs 370 LBS.

Quote Smack1 If you decide to sell your meyers plow let me know - I need one! Do you know if the mount will fit a '90 wrangler?

No it won't fit the undercarriages are different between cherokee and wrangler, you would have to buy a different mount at the very least.