1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway plow problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ct Pete, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Ct Pete

Ct Pete Junior Member

Hi With snow on the way to new England iam trying to get my plow to work. I bought a used Snoway Lobo V plow. Hooked it up and it was fine for a while then just stopped working. The solenoid clicks that's it. It looks like the solenoid was starting to burn up. The problem iam having is I want to replace the solenoid but there is no way of getting the exact one before the storm, is there a substitute? Also what could have burnt it up, a bad Ground?

Thanks much for any help you can offer

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I just had the same problem with my Lobo. I ended up buying a two prong western solenoid, and it worked fine. I learned the hard way, don't try using a regular automotive solenoid, they just burn up as well, lol. The new style western worked just fine on my plow though. Good luck.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Any four terminal continuous duty 12 volt solenoid, western, fisher, the newer Meyer, Hiniker, Boss, Blizzard.