1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Plow Light Adapter?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snow4me, Nov 16, 2010.

1. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I've got a newer (2008 29 Series I think) Snoway plow that has lights with a rectangular light plug. The trucks I have both have lighting wiring for the older style plug ends. Does anyone know if Snoway makes a simple adapter for this. I want the old style plug ends ( the one on the left) on both trucks so I can use either of my 29 plows on both trucks. I posted a couple of pics to show the mismatched plug ends.

IMG_4663.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It is not quite as simple as cutting off the ends and swaping them. The EIS system is totally different then the old relay system. You have to change harnesses, adapters and add a relay on the truck and swap harnesses on the lights. If you are going to change then I would change the old unit to the EIS system. No consumable parts the plug ends are repairable and much less susceptible to corrosion.

3. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Here is a pic of the rest of the wiring I got from this guy who had the 29 series on a 2008 Silverado 2500. If I want to install this wiring setup on my 1996 Silverado I'll still need some adapter end peices to plug into my existing HB3/HB4 headlights. Then do I still need to scotch-lock the yellow wire on ones side to the parking/turn signal lights and the grey wire on the other side. I'll need an installation manual pdf file for this with whatever adapters I need to buy.

IMG_4665.JPG

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Thanks, just got off the phone w/ Kim and ordered the adapter kit.