1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay Plow issue

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jjfinn, Jan 22, 2013.

1. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

I am sorry guys this is probably being posted in the wrong spot but since there is no SnoWay spot I thought i would post here and see if I could get some help. I have a SnoWay MBV and I cant get it to do anything, it drops but wont raise wings wont retract or extract anything It makes a crazy whining sound and tries to move but it cant. Can anyone help me out, I bought this plow and my dealer went out of business and the next closest dealer is 2 hrs away. I have a couple lots to have open by 7am, So any help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

check the fluid levels. How long since you serviced it? Did the problems start suddenly? How old is the unit?

3. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Fluids look okay. Probably need to pull tank and check for ice buildup. Its on its second season of use was serviced at start of season.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes
    Pull the tank clean the filter never hurts to run a qt or two off Meyer hydra flush though it

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Sounds like it froze up. Mine did this am. Put it in the shop and aimed the torpedo heater at it and half hour later, good as new. Was told to put an oz or two of anti gel in it. Not sure of that will hurt anything. What do ya think Basher?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No. Flush it, fill it with premium fluid and if the moisture issue persists find the reason and fix it. Anti gel, gas anti freeze, etc is a poor substitute for proper maintenance and can cause more issues.

7. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Okay guys took the tank had some ice and the screens were covered in Ice got it all cleaned up, but now the plow wont do anything the solenoid just clicks and and then the controller says Action timeout. I appreciate all your help!! No dealer here anymore so I am learning alot!

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

12 volt motor solenoid?

9. benancona

benancona Junior Member

Snoway plows

Hi Guys: I bought a 22 series for one of my trucks last year and have used it 7 times. It's already needed the O-ring replaced twice, the remote control is horrible and there is no support. RUN!!!! from Snoway . . It's simply a horrible product, My advice is to get a real plow.
    Ben

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Strange not normal issues, did you take it back for warranty?

11. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

You may have bad connections from the battery of the truck. Take a set of booster cables and run power from you're battery to the ground and solenoid on the plow motor and see if that helps.

12. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Okay changed the solenoid, getting power to the motor but motor isnt engaging. If I try to jump it all I get is a bunch of sparks. So did i burn up the motor? This is the most confusing thing I have ever had happen to me. Snoway was in contact me today. For warranty work I have to take it to a dealer two hours away (thats driving without plow and not strapped in the up position.)

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you sure your pump isn't frozen? If you are working on it yourself carefully pull the motor (remember to be careful don't pull the unit apart) and see if it spins.

14. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

It doesnt spin

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bad motor?

16. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

One plow for one season, 7 uses and you are now qualified to render the entire product line horrible? I have been runnng multiple snoways,commercial plowing for a decade, with no issues at all!

17. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

are these issues on newly purchased plows or within the past few years i also have a snoway and only replaced the o ring other than just fluid changes but thats normal maintenance 29hd 8ft