1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay plow hoses

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by macgyver681, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macgyver681

macgyver681 Junior Member
    from NJ

Just wondering if anyone knows what the sizes and type of connector that the snoway plows use. Service manual just gives the length. And whenever I search for them they don't give any details. I would think its a standard fitting type and size, but I could be wrong. The fitting measures 1/2" at the threads.

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

1/4 inch NPT.

1/4 inch is the inside diameter of the tube. This is standard for all plows that I've seen.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Most Snoway hoses have o-ring fittings not interchangeable with most other brands of Snow plows. They are not designed for use with a tapered fitting and NEVER use Teflon tape on any hydraulics.

4. macgyver681

from NJ

Hoses

A local auto parts place is making them for me.
    The angle hoses are both tapered fittings and the crossover pump hose is too.
    The 2 hoses to the raise/lower cylinder are tapered on one side and flat with an o-ring on the cylinder side. I have a 25D plow, a little older I think.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes the Fenner pumps did use some tapered fittings, use top quailty Hydraulic fittings and NO teflon.:nono:

6. macgyver681

from NJ

Yeah I have the Fenner pump, and yes of course no Teflon.
    Fittings looked nice to me. Heavier duty then what was on there to begin with.