1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway parts question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hddude1, Oct 17, 2007.

1. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

Any place on the net that shows pics of Snoway parts, subframes in particular. thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

I figured the Snoway site would have pics and info but when I click on parts and service manuals it brings up a blank page.Any ideas

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What subframe are you looking to get pictures of. Let me know and I can send you a link to that area of our website.

5. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

subframe 99100504 for a 2005 Dodge Ram I was told by S. Steiner that my 24 series plow and 3 point nosepiece will work on this frame . I bought the frame but question how it all goes together. thanks

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

No mount, was told the 3 point mount from my toyota would work, i can see by the assembly pics , thats not TRUE, totaly different . Now I suppose I will need a mount?

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Welcome to used snow plow 101:waving:

9. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

Used snowplow 101? What do you mean by that?I didnt buy the plow used, just changed trucks and was given wrong and incomplete info from Sno-way Corp. The big problem is we cant keep a Snoway dealership here locally, keeps changing hands due to various reasons . The nearest dealer is a little over 60 miles away or it was the last time I checked, they may also be a former dealer by now?? They didnt know the difference from a snowplow and a John Deere plow.

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sno-Way dealers and customer support in Iowa leaves ALOT to be desired. Good luck getting correct info from the company. Read some of the other posts in this section and see how other people were treated. Sno-Way is a great plow but the service and parts prices are not up to par with the plows.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then they probably aren't selling John Deere anymore either:cool:

12. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

13. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

Never said I bought the mount, just the subframe it self I was told by Steiner guy at Snoway Corp that was all I needed and that the 3 point mount from my Toyota would work. I talked to Steiner Guy 4 times in a 3 week period so he knew exactly what I was going to do with changing trucks Go figure .I talked to one of the former Snoway dealers in town, he got stuck with a bunch of inventory, he may have the mount?? But i think i may put out a cry here on the site for the mount part anyway or order new? I hate putting any more money in Snoways pockets after this. What a racket!!

14. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

I agree with you but its not the total fault of dealers, its the lack of support from Snoway Corp. to their dealers. Your right if you need a part, be prepared for a long wait. But the problems cant be just limited to here in Iowa??

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You bought a nose piece? the sub-frame is vehicle specific so if you bought the sub frame then you should have the part for the truck.

If you want to use that plow with that truck you need a 99100504, you shouldn't need any other Black Iron, it's all included. you might need to change your headlight harness and adapter as well.

How did this dealer get "stuck" with inventory? Dealing snowplows is like salting, you try to predict what the market will require, if you mis-judge you sit on inventory. If you cann't sell and support the product line you go under. How come everybody thinks plow dealers/manufacturers are either over priced or abused by the factory? I wonder if your customers talk about you like you talk about dealers.

Seems like you are having a tough time with this. It's a shame, Snoway makes a good plow. It all comes down to dealer, there are places where snoway is top dog. Not because they are far superior to other plows but because they have the best dealer network and support in that area.

Good Luck:waving:

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I wait 4 days tops, and that's because it takes that long for UPS to the east coast. If it's large enough for a truck order we have it in 2 days. Jean, Kim, Stephine, and the rest of the customer support team are tops. :salute: They catch my mistakes, track orders, weigh packages are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I get great technical support, excellent training opportunities for my technicians, constantly improving technology, and impeccable warranty coverage. you've never dealt with these people, don't be talk'n trash about people you don't know.:realmad:

17. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

Sorry, I was responding to hydro's post, just stating my experience. Im glad your happily married.

18. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

I would like to know more also. I found a used plow, and need a mount for my Tacoma. HDDude has 2 pieces that bolt to the frame of my truck, but from the looks of it I need all three parts, if I just use the two parts he has for sale here I cannot use the nose piece from the ford mount that comes with the plow I am buying.

So to be clear, the Snoway truck side mounting kits (truck mount) are usually 3 pieces and are truck specific? The nose pieces are not interchangeable with other Snoway snow mount frame plates?

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 96103001, and 96103002 are used with older sub frames but they're heavier then they have to be for a single fit application. So they designed a torsional type center member that is also vehicle specific and comes in the sub-frame kit. for example your truck can use the 99100280 mount which requires a 96103002 or the 99100578 mount that includes the center member. So the 96106046 center member that comes with the 0578 mount is not interchangeable but the 3001/3002 are interchangeable.

fit sheet for the 96100280
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100426C.pdf

Fit sheet for the 96100578
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100848B.pdf

We're having an anniversary soon, I'll save you a piece of cake.:)

20. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I like you alot Basher, & you have helped me out on more than once & for that I sincerley thank you. so please dont take it too personally when I say:

Impecable warranty coverage and top notch customer service ....What????

Do you really want to light that fuse Basher???? :angry: :angry: right back at ya!!!

& I think that you have Hydro 37 confused with VWOVW...as I recall Hydro bought a set of edges from him...so did I for that matter and yes, he is a former dealer. & yes it is readily aperent that Hydro has issues with Snoway pricing...anybody who has had to buy parts does...the people that are selling them dont seem to mind as much.

you have a good relationship with Steve Steiner, Tom Brewer, & Andy Maas, thats great... but please dont blow smoke and try an ignore the fact that there are just as many of us here who have been thru the Snoway customer service gauntlet and have nothing but grey hair to show for it.

& any time that you want to discuss the great customer service circus that is Snow way you just let me know.... You know the crap I went thru only to end up a year later no different that when we started. (unless you count the fact that everyone at snoway aparently has forgotten how to reply to e-mails) and I have done my best to keep my personal opinion off the boards. Just cause I'm not happy doesnt mean that the next guy wont be. but at the same time, if someone asks me..."the gloves is off" & they're gonna get a full bare nuckle rendition of my sno-way experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007