1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay Opta-Flow Spreader on 2002 F-350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jay ALC, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    I purchased a SnoWay Opta-Flow spreader with the swing away mount last season and had it installed on my 1993 F-250 at the time. Later I sold that truck and kept the salter. I love this salter and would like to mount it on my new 02 F-350 but it does not seem to fit right. The holes in the upper bed side brackets from SnoWay do not have enough clearance to use the ones already drilled in them from the factory. I was wondering if anyone else had this salter installed on a 99 or newer Ford super duty?? Thanks for any assitance. I plan on calling SnoWay tomorrow to see what they say but was curious about other members as well.

I was wanting to get this salter installed ASAP because we actually had snow and sleet yesterday even though it wasn't sticking much, it was begining to get slick out there. :)
  2. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Opta-flow Spreader

Dear Jay, I saw your post and I have an answer for you on the subject. When Bryan was alive he and one of his dealers worked on this problem. Bryan didn't like the swing away gate on this spreader, so he and Randy(the sno-way dealer) fixed it. Randy came up with a system that he sells as a kit, with it you can get rid of the gate. It goes into a Reese hitch mount and you don't need to use the gate. It works great and Bryan loved it. He is also developing a 2 pin system so that while the spreader is in the Reese hitch, you can pull these pins and the spreader lays down that way you can still use your truck bed and have access to it at any time and your spreader won't get in the way. Let me know if this helps. Keep up that great work. Beth c/o Bryan sno-way rep