1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway on f150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jlcservices, Dec 11, 2005.

1. jlcservices

jlcservices Junior Member

I am interested in buying a Snoway 29 series 7.5' plow to put on my 2005 f150 fx4 supercrew. I would be doing mostly residential driveways and maybe one or two small commercial lots. Will this plow work well with my truck?

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

It will work fine if you can find anyone who will install it. Ford and most plow manufacturers say no on that truck.
  3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

it will be fine on that truck...take it easy...if you cant find anyone to instal it u could always do it your self...thay are not that hard...as long as u have a jack for your truck lol...but it will be fine, id get it with the down presure so u can back drag if needed on the drives....good luck with eveyrthing....
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

It will be fine, I have seen heavier plows on the FX4 F-150's, they can handle it. Iam sure a snoway dealer would have no problems installing it for you. Your only issue would be with Ford, they may void the warrenty BUT they have to prove that a problem is directly related to plowing to deny you warrenty coverage. You can get the dealers to back down on the warrenty stuff quickly if you tell them that they have to prove it.
  5. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

i hear for 2005 you can get a plow package on the f150's... does yours have the plow package? Snoways are great for lighter trucks, b/c their plows are lighter than most.

good luck
  6. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I had a place put a 7'6 boss on my 04 f150 fx4. The truck does not have the plow prep and it has the light front end. The thing plows awesome, barely saggs the truck.
  7. jlcservices

jlcservices Junior Member

Thank you everyone for your replies.