1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOWAY mount for 2002 Chevy 2500hd question?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by buckhigh, Oct 30, 2008.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

guys, anybody run one on a 02 Chevy? just about ready to pull the trigger on one and just curious how bad my lower valance will get cut up...any insight or pics would be greatly appreciated! thanx!
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way.

Which model plow are you looking to put on? I can give you a link to the mount installation guide if you let me know.

All of our mount instructions will state that some modifications may be necessary. Mods seem to vary from installer to installer IMO.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

None of the installs require a butcher job on the factory valance. Some require a little pushing or little trimming but not noticeable.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the mount on the chevy you do have to do some cutting on the fasia i will see if i can dig up some pics...

make sure you crank up your torsion bars so it will level out the truck a little bit, but then you have to go get an aliginment on your truck
  5. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Thanks Tom for the response. I'm interested in a 8' stainless straight blade. I'm thinking of 29, 29HDW, or 29T. Still haven't decided which one yet. I believe the 29HDW is replacing the 29 correct? Which would you recommend? Most of my accounts are residentials with a few commercials. The residentials are single car tight driveways where the commercials are wide open. Also, is a 7'5" too small or stick with the 8'?

Here's my next issue. Finding a good dealer that will do quality work. I'm looking for one in the Cleveland area that will not only do a quality install (including cutting into my valance), but one that will adjust the torsion and put in timbrens. Evans Supply will not touch the torsions, Medina Tractor Supply hasn't returned my calls yet on pricing/installs, and the sales rep for Expert Tech is out for awhile. I'm looking to get this done within the next 2 weeks as Cleveland has already seen a few inches this week. Can you recommend a dealer that will call me back and do quality installs? Thanks for your help and can't wait for the next step!

Northeast Ohio Lawn Services, LLC
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here is a copy of the mount installation guide for your vehicle application.

With the 29 series you have the choice of either a 7'6" or 8' blade. The 29T series would also give you the option of going to 9'.

The 29HD series will be an 8'6" blade that has the ability to accept our wing accessory options. This model also comes standard with our patented hydraulic down pressure system whereas the other models it would be optional.

If you need any further info let me know.
  7. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

How about finding me a dealer in Cleveland that will do quality installs and return my calls? need one that will adjust my torsions and install timbrens...
  8. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Tom, out of the 3 dealers I called, I found one that actually new what I was talking about when asking them if they adjust the torsion bars and add timbrens. Is that a snoway policy for dealers not to do that? Every other major plow line dealer automatically does it except for the snoway dealers. I did find Expert Tech here in Cleveland that is a repair shop as well as a snoway rep that does adjust the torsions and add timbrens before the plow install. I just want to make sure by adjusting the torsion bars and adding timbrens will not void any snoway warranty since only 1 dealer in cleveland offers that out of 4? Any feedback on Expert Tech regarding how long they have been a dealer and the quality of work they offer? Their sales rep and mechanics are out till Monday and I'm relying on a secretary to anwer all my questions:(
  9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

They will not want to mess with your suspension at all for liabilty reasons. But while you are there tell them to jack the front up and use their air wrench and a creeper and turn them in(clockwise) and then let jack down measure center of tire from ground up to fender well and make sure sure they are even measurements, then you are done. As far timbrens go they take longer to gather tools than to install ion the Chevy's. I bought mine for 160 a set and put them on in the driveway just before i went to get my megaV installed.
    Your truck mods should not at all have anything to do with Snoway.