1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Model Identification?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skyarea, Dec 11, 2011.

1. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

I need some help identifying an older Sno-way plow. Pictures below.

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

80 model, pre-fenner with the monarch pump, no Down pressure. What are you trying to find out in particular?

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How well do the pumps hold up mounted right on the plow? I'd think the constant shock would kill them pretty quick.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway has been doing that for years and they hold up great. I have a customer with an almost identical unit mounted on a 85 Ford PU when new. It still is running great.

5. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

Basher the model# is 80? Is there any letters with that ST-80? I can looking to get a controller.
    Thanks
    Ed

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No It is a 1980s model unit. Does it have a 9 pin plastic plug for the vehicle connector? I can get you a controller though you may have to change the connector. It would not be a Snoway product as they don't suppoort them any more.Do you have any truck side harness?

7. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

Hi,
    It is a plastic 9 pin plug. No problem on changing it. I do not have the truck harness. I would need that too.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No truck harness, you have to build the harness. I can provide the plug and controller but the rest has to be built. I can provide complete truckside stuff but it would require you changing the plowside connector.

9. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

If a complete truck side is available and in order to use I have to change the plug that is no biggie. Is that available?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'll put one togeather for you. Email me your contact information to snowtech @snowayparts.com

11. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

Hi,
    I sent my email address. Did you get it?

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes I did Ed. Just have to assemble the parts and get a price list togeather. Short a couple guys today but I'll get it to you soon.

13. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

OK. Let me know.
    thanks
    Ed

14. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

That plows in great shape for an old timer! Sno ways rock!

15. skyarea

skyarea Junior Member
    from pa

Any luck?
    Ed

16. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Sno-way all the way. I love my snoway you wil to

I love my Z