1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway mega V ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by outdoorimages, Feb 11, 2010.

1. outdoorimages

outdoorimages Junior Member
    from 52726

I have a 2008 snoway mega v blade that keeps shooting all the hydraulic fluid out the cap.
    Checked all the lines (all are good) and only place I see any fluid is coming out the cap.Real pain in the butt having to refill all the time. Question is if there is any recall anybody knows of or if any solutions to fixing the problem.

The cap also lets moisture in and has froze my lines twice so far this winter.
    Thanks for any ideas.

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

good timing. I was just reading about how great the V was and that it was only the Revo that had issues!

That sounds like something that should be recalled, what did your dealer say?

3. outdoorimages

from 52726

Said he hasn't had any other with any problems. I find that hard to believe.

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I can think of 5 times that I have been the only guy to show a dealer a problem, then I go online and see how widespread it is...

5. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Mine would do the same thing, turned out to have too much fluid in the system. Have had a few small issues with the blade but nothing that would stop me from buying another. They all have issues!! IMO no matter what, from time to time breakdowns are part of plowing. Now if they could always happen at the end of a storm!!!

Personally the dealer is more important than the brand!!!!

6. outdoorimages

from 52726

Mobilewash I do agree. I think all my anxiety comes from the plow having problems all during storms and not after them.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Send a PM to Basher.
    The caps are a problem and I am sure he can answer your question. (he is busy as hell with all the snow they are getting out east right now tho)