1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Mega V Self Install

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by JD Dave, Nov 7, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Picked up my blade today and unpacked it. We probably won't install it untill next week but I'll have lots of picks. It's actually better then I remembered from Sima. It looks very heavy duty and I love how the wing bar goes through the cutting edge because that's where my Boss's have given me problems.

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0071.jpg

SANY0073.jpg

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

SANY0074.jpg

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0077.jpg

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I'm looking forward to seeing it go together and mounted on the truck JD. :salute:tymusic

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Even came with oil!

SANY0078.jpg

SANY0081.jpg

SANY0082.jpg

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Me too Tom!!:drinkup:

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

lookin good

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nicenessprsport

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you see some guy standing in the background with a beer in hand,that's me telling JD how to install it!:rolleyes:

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Come on down.:drinkup:

10. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

CONGRATS JD

I know your french up there so i'll help you out.
    The lights should face toward the front. :jester:

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice JD,,,,,X-mas is early this year huh?

12. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hey dave, wait till you get to the truck mount. They are supposedly marked with a DS for driver's side and an LS for the passenger side. Mine must have been marked with black paint before they powder coated them black!:jester:

13. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Mine werent market either, but I think they were identical. I had to notch the one side as the steering control arm banged in to the mount.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Tech bulletin just arrived on that yesterday.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

thanks for the updates guys.:drinkup:

16. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

with all the money you save on the "self install" , you can spend that on more Fluid Film!! :jester:

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Or Mooshead!!:drinkup:

18. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Looking good so far, is it done yet?? (more pic's);)

19. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Well i did my install and it was kinda easy, directions could involve a little more input on the set-up tho. But it went smooth. You will like it, I do and tomorrow I will get to use it again this time we will see my new sticker stays on lol.

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

OK here's the deal. I don't hold Snoway accountable for these events I experienced and I wish I could have worked this out with my dealer but I regret to say I took my Mega V back for a full refund. I ordered the blade in Aug and I didn't fianlly get a call for pickup untill Nov 6th and I picked the blade up the following day Fri Nov 7th. I didn't have a chance to install the blade untill Monday Nov10th and that's when I noticed my controller and wiring for it was missing, so I called the dealer and it came in Wednesday night. Thursday morning we hooked up the blade and it was operational but I found out the light adapters were missing. So at 9am Thursday morning I called the dealer and he swore he gave me the adapters but he agreed to UPS them to me directly from the supplier and I would for sure have them for Fri night because snow was in the forcast. Well on Sunday night I still didn't have them and my truck was still in pecies waiting so I decided to email some people from Snoway and to my surprise I got a lot of emails at 11pm on a Sunday night and I must admit I was pretty impressed. They told me the parts were dropped off at the dealer on Fri. I was like WTF. So Mon morning I called the dealer and he kind of told me the parts just came in but when I said I knew they were in on Fri he changed his tune and told me he just didn't have time to call me and what pisses me off they were open on Sat also. Another thing is they sent me my curb protector wings and when I opened the box they were plow shoes and the guy swore to me they were curb protectors. So at 10am Monday morning I decided it would be in my best interest not to deal with this dealer and I returned the plow and they uninstalled it for nothing. I feel bad because over the past couple years Tom and I have become freinds and I can tell you that the Mega V was very well built and impressive. That being said having a good dealer is more important then the product IMO. To show what a good company Snoway is, they caslled me the next day and offered a free install at their head office and a 0% 12 month payment plan and if at the end of the year I still didn't like the plow I would get a free uninstall and a full refund. Too bad they didn't call me sooner because I would have took that deal because I'd already bought another blade. Sorry for the ramble but I thought I should explain myself. I think Snoway has a great product and I wish them good luck, it's just too bad my dealer spoiled it for me.