1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Mega V Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by StolenPhone, Dec 24, 2012.

1. StolenPhone

StolenPhone Junior Member

Looking for some ideas...

I have a Snoway MegaBlade on a Dodge RAM 3500. The plow is only a year old. We are about to get some snow for the holidays and decided to put it on.

Problems

1 - I noticed the lift cylinder was not set into position and it really loose. It can easily be moved. There is no sign of hydraulic fluid leak. I simply assumed air in the line and decided to put the plow on and run the motor.

2 - Controller is hardwired. I plugged it into the truck and fired up the power. It beeped a long beep and said "NO RECEIVER". I unplugged it from the truck and plugged it into the plow directly (thinking maybe it was a connector from the truck to the plow). Same problem... says "NO RECEIVER". I took off the cover and everything looks fine... all connectors are properly seated. I checked the fuse and its fine.

Plow appears dead. Any ideas on what it could be or how to troubleshoot? Also I live a healthy 50 miles from the nearest dealer. How does one get a 1000lb plow to the dealer ;-)

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Did you not receive a Cylinder Block when you purchased your plow? If you did use a jack and jack it up and install the block which will keep the blade from falling while you drive to the dealer.

3. StolenPhone

Awesome... thank you!

4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Glad to be of service. It is the least I can do for all the help I have received from this forum.

Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Wow, what a dikk.....
    StolenPhone, When Basher checks in, he will be able to give you some ideas. Hes the Snoway guy. In the meantime, us the search button in the upper right corner of this site and do a search for that problem. Maybe it has already been answered. :waving:

6. belton

belton Junior Member
    from midwest

Do wire ones need to be paired

7. StolenPhone

Thanks for the responses. Look forward to the "snoway guy", Basher's response ;-) and yeah... no cylinder blocks from dealer... but it gave me a worst case scenario idea... I could chain it up so the cylinder is tight and drive it to the dealer. I didn't actually think about that.

But I'm hopeful to diagnose this here. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the fuses under the pump cover.

You could have a bad receiver, it would be under warranty if the unit is less than two years old.

If it is a Mega series there is no travel look. Simply jack it up as you would any other dead plow and use a ratchet strap or two to hold it there.

Merry Christmas

9. StolenPhone

Basher... thanks.

Regarding the fuses, I found one near the battery (its fine). Are there more?