1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Lobo restoration... (Lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VPRacing, Jan 31, 2010.

1. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Well about a week ago I was browsing craigslist and came across an older model Snoway Lobo V plow for $1200. Talked to the guy and went to look at it that night. Ended up leaving with the plow for $675! I couldnt believe he settled for that, I'm guessing he has no clue what the parts alone are worth.

It was in ok shape, the metal on the wings was only 16ga (1/16 thick) and started to get a few rust holes, the framing was good, just some surface rust and the cutting edge was junk, everything else was good.

Anyways, I ripped the plow apart and sand blasted it. Coated it with etching primer, 4 coats of automotive black and 4 coats of automotive clear. Rolled new wings out of 1/8" Stainless Steel. Made a new custom cutting edge to my liking, 8"x3/4" center and 6"x1/2" on the wings. All stainless hardware, not a single nut/bolt that isnt stainless.

Had to fab up the mount that bolts to the truck as the mount was for a late 90's style Dodge and I put it on my 90 Chevy 3500. I tend to over fabricate things when it comes to plowing. I used a lot of steel so this mount isnt moving if I hit something hard.

Picked up the plow a week ago, just finished it tonight. Worked on it last weekend, one day last week, and worked on it for half the day today, I think it turned out very well. All said and done I spent less than $300 on everything and have 4 days worth of work on it. So I feel I have a nice v plow for less than $1000. Well worth the time/money as well as the knowledge of how the plow goes together and works.

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

3. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

4. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

5. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

6. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

7. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

8. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Wow That was a mess but now it looks brand new.

9. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

WOW ! Excellent job.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. Very nice job.

11. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Nice job! The best part every time you use it you can have the sense of accomplishment

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sweet! Thats a nice job .:salute:

13. SNO-MAN_DAVE

SNO-MAN_DAVE Junior Member

You wouldnt by chance have that late modle 90's dodge mount by chance do you. if so id be interested in buying it from you

14. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Looks great, nice job. Looks so good you probably didn't want to even get her dirty!

15. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

Thats awsome! Looks great! Really nice job. You should be proud of that!

16. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I saw a junk plow with no future. You really changed that around. Great job.

17. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thats looks really awesome, and the price was definitly right. I'm impressed by the new mold boards!

18. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Very nice job.

19. c_nice_37

c_nice_37 Junior Member

Nice work but that's the kicker for me as well. Understanding it all will help in the future when something inevitably breaks. Knowledge is power, or something like that.

Great stuff. 4 coats all around huh? And clear? Damn nice work.

20. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That looks great! Now please tell me you didn't use the old hoses? It looks in the final pictures that you did.