1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway lobo off of 88 bronco wont fit my 95 f-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by red347lx, May 5, 2009.

1. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

I THOUGHT THE TRUCK MOUNT WOULD BE A DIRECT BOLT ON BUT I WAS WRONG. THE FRAME ON THE PICK UP IS BOXED AND THE BRONCO IS NOT. DOES ANYONE WANT TO TRADE A SNOWAY LOBO V BLADE FOR A STRAIGHT BLADE PLOW?? I JUST NEED ONE TO FIT MY TRUCK. THE PLOW I HAVE WORKS GREAT I HAVE EVERYTHING FOR IT AS WELL. LET ME KNOW BY CALLING 734-341-2210 THANKS NATHAN. PLOW IS IN SE MICH.:bluebounc

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Should have asked first.......not only are Bronco's different, but so are up to 92 pickups ;). Best of luck on your hunt.

3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That thing I have same problem.

You could make fit.

They just need trim and shim to fit.

4. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

probbly the route i will go. thanks. still will trade for the correct plow if anyone is interested.

5. Milwaukee

I did measure

truck from 1991 front frame should be 41" and after 92 truck is 40"

You could put shim and 8 grade bolts should hold but keep mind you would need welder to do make fit right and won't loose when try push frozen pile.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to purchase the correct mount not an entire plow. there are considerably more differences then the width.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

The whole front of the frames are different. Something could probably be made to work, but they're very differnt.

8. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

Basher, do you know of anyone with the correct mount that would work?? I am in michigan and would be interested in buying one and paying for shipping need be. Thanks for all your help fellas

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A Lobo is TOO heavy for the front of your F-150 anyway.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have not found a mount for your truck I don't have a new one nor a used one at this time. Hydro is correct that is a lot of plow for that truck

11. Milwaukee

You could try sell that F150 and get F250 or F350 in 1991 or past. That what I would do since you could get cheap used truck in Michigan.

12. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

thank you for looking basher. What things could go wrong with the plow on that truck? I am new to plowing and would like to know some do's and don'ts. Thanks for your help guys. Wilwaukee i will probably sell the plow instead of the truck and buy the right plow for the truck then. Thanks

13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You will ruin the front end parts very very quickly. (ball joints, tie rods, springs)
    A 7-71/2' plow would work the best on your truck.
    I would be interested in your plow and may consider trading one of my 71/2' sno-ways to you.
    PM me.

14. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

left you a message in your page. not sure how to pm here yet. i would like to talk to you about the plow you have for trade. I am interested with doing something soon.

15. Milwaukee

You will get pm privallege you need post 10 then you get it.

You have 7 so 3 posts more.

16. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

thank you..

17. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

thank you for the info

18. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

hydro i left you a message on your home page.

19. Milwaukee

That strange you haven't got pm privilege

20. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

??

yeah, i'm not sure why? I havent been on here long enough maybe?