1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway light tower pics??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 85 Toyota 22R, Nov 25, 2006.

1. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Could anyone with a snoway please take a few pictures of their light tower and how it mounts to the plow.I need to build one since the dealer wants like $400. Mine didn't come with one and now I'm getting a newer truck so I just cant weld the light to the truck like i did on my old ford. :rolleyes: Thanks
  2. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I would like to see this as well....my sno way doen'st have lights either. don't think it will be a problem but hanve't plowed with it yet either!!
  3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I used an ST for 2 years without the lights.....it worked but it was less than desirable. I will try to get pics of my 29 later today.....

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I was thinking about getting a snoway with the clear blade, but I didn't want to get the lights to save money. Is it that hard to see in the night time without the snoway light tower? Should I get the light tower with it?
  5. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I jsut got my truck and the plow was already on it. i drove with the plow mounted on my way home in the dark then took it off...so only drove once and it was mostly interstate....so i didn't have the plow all the way up. jsut about 8-10 inches off the ground as to not block my airflow and my headlights shined over the plow....so wans't a problem for me. so i guess it really depends on how much the plow sticks up in front of the lights. lights on my foord are high in the front and some chevys are low so that might be a problem....I say depends on the truck as well. new the lights problaby shine through fairly well but use the clear plow for a while and it will get scratched and such making it less clear for light to travel through.

sorry i jsut was thinking and typing all at the same time and rambled a bit.....this is mostly my opinion and not much experience there.
  6. I bought my st 80 used and the other guy didn't have lights for it. It doesn't seem to be a huge deal for me in my Ranger. When the plow is up my fog's light the ground and depending how high the plow is raised, my headlights still shine over the top and I think the clear moldboard does help. But yeah plow lights would be cool though.