1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway hydraulic speed ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Local Touch 1, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Local Touch 1

Local Touch 1 Junior Member
    from ohio

Hey guys, have a quick question. I have a snoway predator plow. I wanted to know if you can change the lift speed. Also if you can change the angle speed as well. It seems very slow. My brother has a meyers and it is fast as hell. Maybe there is a sight you would happen to know of that would tell me on how to do it. Any info would really help. Thanx

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

How old is the plow? How long has it been installed on this truck?

Sno-Way is usually pretty quick, but they can get slowed down if they are seeing voltage drop from bad connections. Factory wiring uses two cables for battery/breaker and breaker/solenoid. They are pretty small and tend to cause voltage drop. A good place to start is to remove and clean all cable connections. I replace the factory cables with #2 cable just long enough to get from point to point.

Pretty basic, but is it full of fluid? Fluid foaming if it gets low can cause slow movement.

4. mcgreen71

mcgreen71 Junior Member

Slow Snow-Way

Check the screen / filter in the reservoir. That is the number one problem with the Fenner pump units. Otherwise, check the current draw of the motor battery cable. Should be less than 150 amps. If more, than it's got bad brushes or just worn out. There are also screens on the individual cartridge assemblies that could be clogged.

You have to change the fluid EVERY year in those pumps.

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

My Sno-way is quite slow when compared to the Western.

mcgreen71 - where is the filter screen located in the reservoir?

Thanks,
    John.