1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway help! Not scraping

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by blackdragon, Mar 5, 2009.

1. blackdragon

blackdragon Junior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 89 Wranger with a 4" lift and an older used Snoway 18" Preditor series gravity down plow. I bought the plow last march and living in Jersey I have only used it a handfull of times. The problem is the plow does not scrape well. If the snow is powdery the plow leaves a nice icey finsh to the driveway, much worse if I try to back blade. If the snow is wet then it leaves a thin layer of slush (which later becomes ice).

Is the plow not doing a good job becasue:
    1. The lift is affecting the angle of the plow and cutting edge?
    2. The plow is too light and with out down pressure it floats?
    3. The cutting edge needs to be replaced? I can post picks if it helps

Thanks for the answers

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures will help. Seems it might be an geometry issue. (4" lift)

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The mounting pin centers need to be no more then 10.5 inches from the ground when rigged for plowing. That is probably the issue if you have a 4" lift. There is not enough piston travel to get your blade firmly on the ground.

4. blackdragon

Here is a pic of the Jeep w/ plow from my cell. will take pics with camera tomorrow and post pin height.

Jeep plow.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  5. blackdragon

Ready to plow without the plow attached the pin centers are 15 1/2" from the ground. I guess I will have to fabricate a drop bracket. I was thinking of following the same design as the nose piece with large tabs to drop the real nose piece 6-7". Other option is to do they make brackets to mount this plow to a 2005 Tacoma Double Cab? Or would it be time to sell the plow and buy another for the tacoma? Thanks for all the help.