1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway headlights sem dim

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by arctiva, Nov 19, 2015.

1. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

I got my used snoway v plow installed on my chevy and when I raise the plow in the v position to drive I get what seems to be little light a lot of the light hits the snow deflector on the V. Has anyone changed light bars or raised the lights up for better lighting? Ive tried adjusting them, old ball and socket adjustment and just seams like still weak light

The lights are the older sealed beam light so I know new halogen's will light it up better but I feel like it will be the same with the light hitting the plow if I don't change the bar or raise the lights.

I see snoway has the 4 sight for when the plow is down does that work with older snoway's? Could a person make that work for all te time versus just down? In the v position raised up my truck headlights clear the plow just fine so seems a waste to not use them also.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Federal laws limits the height of vehicle headlights to 54" or less, so no there is no higher light bar. My solution is to run the unit fairly straight and not raise the plow so high when traveling.

Clean all your connections and make sure the grounds are all intact, the more juice the brighter the bulbs.

No 4sight will not work with the relay headlight system.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

the more juice the brighter the bulbs

1.21 jijawstts enough

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:D:D:nod::nod:

5. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

I converted to the EIS so no lighting relays.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then you could get the system to work just take a little finagling.

Are you sure you have all the grounds correct when you did the conversion??

7. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

I'd assume so, everything works both with the plow lights connected and disconnected.

Maybe a wider light bar is the ticket. Then at least get all the light pass the plow while its raised up.