1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Flat Front V!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Jef Bearden, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Jef Bearden

Jef Bearden Junior Member

I am kicking myself for either not noticing it or not realizing it would be cause for concern.
    The V-plow made by Snoway has a flat center about 14'' wide with the hinges pushed forward. When you angle left or right this center section does not move. So when i move allot of snow i can only overlap each pass or berm of snow with lest than half of by blade. Otherwise it begins to collect in the center. I am a pretty cocky snowplow driver, making claims that i can plow county and mountain roads that formerly could only be maintained with heavy equipment. And i have been doing just that. It just boggles my mind why Snowway wouldn't copy BOSS and put the hinge directly in the center. So far the only advantage i have seen is that the Snoway does stack higher.

Maybe then i wouldn't have to make some many ridiculous clean up passes. I cant complain too much, i have already paid off this plow in the last 20 days. My next plow will certainly not be a Snoway if they cannot fix this problem with a newer design.
  2. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

what about the advantage of weight? do snoways VEEE-Plows weigh Less?........

if ur gonna go with any other plow brand..id go western ultra/pro mounts..
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway's V-plow has been shaped like that for years. You can't blame Snoway for this problem. First time I saw that thing I figured it wouldn't operate as a straight plow as well as other V's. You have no one to blame but yourself for being unobservant. At least the radius on the plow is tight so it rolls snow better than others. You can buy the wings right now. Info is available in the snoway wing thread.