1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway EIS lights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by beungood, Feb 16, 2006.

1. beungood

beungood Member

One of my Plow lights has stopped working on lowbeam. I got it to light on highbeam so I fugre I need a headlamp. They say Wagoner Halogen lights. Are these standard Wagoner Automotive Lamps that I can get at any auto parts store?

Thanks,

JAck

2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Yes. Spray a little WD40 on the screws before you undo them. Perform this operation inside, after the head gear warms up.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Does the low beam on the truck work?

4. beungood

beungood Member

I assume it does. On the left light low beam on the headgear works. On the right it is inop,but highbeam works. When it is on low beam setting and the light is tapped the light momentarily comes on then off .

Thats why I thought the bulb must be burned out.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check and make sure the plug on the back of the bulb is properly connected. it might not have been installed correctly at the factory.

6. beungood

beungood Member

It was operating before

It was operating fine during the last storm both low beams worked. It was only after I disconnected plow and reconnectyed it that i noticed after a day or two the lowbeam not working.

7. beungood

beungood Member

Bulb

I R&R'd the suspected old bulb and installed a new one and it worked fine. Thanks for the help and ideas!

JAck