1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway down pressure ??

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Brandn, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Brandn

Brandn Junior Member

I currently have a series 24 with DP on a 92 wrangler.. just purchased the entire package in half running order and im stumped on the down pressure and so is snoway..

Its an older series 24 with the toggle button on the side of the box,, left right, up down all work, the DP seloniod and spool valve are working. the issue is when i turn the down pressure on i can lift up on the plow by hand .. after messing with this set up for weeks i tried putting 6" blocks under the cutting edge, DP seems to work fine ( truck lifts up ) ... is it possible im running out of travel on the ram ?? the truck does have a small suspension lift and oversized tires, but is an inch here and there really going to affect the DP travel ??

any one with an idea??

Thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What is the measurement from the ground to the center of the bottom holes in the plow mount. Have you checked the bushings, pins and bell crank for excessive wear?

3. Brandn

Brandn Junior Member

i havent checked the the height from the groumd to the center of the bottom of the pins, is there a maximum height?? all pins are new.. the only part that has alot of wear is the cutting edge which i flipped, i was thinking of making a taller cutting edge to try to take up the gap.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The wearedge was not designed to flip. Put a new one on it.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

This must be an aftermarket cutting edge if you were able to flip it. We do not center punch ours.

I would recommend a new edge as a starting point. The height to the center of the holes on the lower mounting pins should be 9"-11".

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

11" works OK for the Vee blades but 10 1/2 is about as high as you can go on the straight blades with out uneven blade wear.