1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway down pressure

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by james.j.smith, Jan 27, 2014.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I’ve been having a issue with my down pressure. I’m really not sure that it has ever worked I bought the plow used for a good price however I had some other things to work out before attacking this one. When the down pressure is off (no light on control box) the unit works great. When the down pressure is on (light is illuminated on control box) the unit will not go down. I think that it may actually raise if it’s in the down position but I need to verify this tonight. I looked at the manual and below are the possible causes and the resolution is great. Just go to the dealer and have them fix it. I haven’t looked into this much and will add my comments to what I know any and all help is very much appreciated. Also I believe this is a series 26 plow it has the three point mount

Unit will not lower Or Unit will not apply Down pressure (Down pressure switch ON)

Motor not running - Refer to dealer – no other problems so I would assume its running
    Down pressure valve stuck partially shifted - Refer to dealer
    Lower solenoid valve sticking or stuck - Refer to dealer
    Inoperative down pressure, pressure switch - Refer to dealer
    Inoperative down pressure solenoid/valve - Refer to dealer
    Down pressure relief valve setting to low - Refer to dealer
    Down pressure toggle switch (in control box) inoperative - Refer to dealer - works
    Broken wire/ open circuit in down pressure electrical circuit - Refer to dealer

I am not sure how to test the other things and I plan to look for any wiring issues the next time I have some time during the daylight

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Do you have the old style with the toggle switch box controler? My first snoway was that way and if I remember correctly, it would do the same thing if the down pressure switch was turned on, although I knew my plow did not have down pressure. I bought the blade from a car dealer ship, and the mount and wiring from a boss plow dealer. So my guess is your plow just doesnt have down pressure. Hope that helps

3. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I do have that style controler and was told that it had down pressure when I bought it. How do I tell? It also has a toggle on the side if the plow cover

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Send a PM to "Basher", he'll have all the answers for a Snoway plow.

5. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I have this problem as well. tried a clean and flush, all valves etc. Still have the same issue. Multiple controllers. If you figure it out please update us.

Z