1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Down Pressure Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by t-sig, Jan 3, 2015.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Hello,

I have an older Snoway Generation 1 with a Fenner Pump unit and a wired joy stick controller. I bought it used and since I've had it the down pressure hasn't worked. When I have the plow down and the stick in float position and hit the down pressure switch the plow goes up! Other than that the plow works perfect. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Tony

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bad DP valve, coil, or wiring.

3. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Thanks Basher, I have some updates. I tested out the wiring and everything was good. I pulled the DP valve out and found it had aluminum filings packed into it. It wasn't able to slide. I cleaned it up and tried it. Now it definitely applies down pressure, but, the motor runs continuously while in DP mode. I tried to adjust the relief valve and it would apply more pressure for sure but it would never stop motoring. So, it could be the pressure switch, or maybe something else???

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah I'd go with pressure switch. easy way to tell, engage the Dp and unplug the yellow wire.

The garbage in the valve says pull the tank and flush the system to me.

5. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Thanks again. I will flush the whole system. I am tempted to disassemble the pump unit and flush it with a parts washer...