1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Curb Guard

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by nms0219, Jan 26, 2007.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Does anyone know if snoway makes a curb guard that bolts to the cutting edge? It just seams like the cutting edge on my plow is wearing alot faster at the ends. Maybe its just me because I am used to boss v plows with curb guards installed. I have seen aftermarket curb guards for all the other brand plows I just can't find one for snoway. I tried my dealer but its like talking to the wall. This is my first snoway and I would never go back to boss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway makes a curbguard. I'll get you the part number tomorrow.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Thank you. My dealer looked at me like I was speaking greek when I asked about a curb guard. Have to see what they say when I come in with a part number

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

[​IMG]
    cool what do they cost? i rubbed my last set round. just got these.

6. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

They most certainly do make curb guards as I have a set on my plow. They actually make a rubber curb guard and a steel curb guard. I have the steel set and they seem very rugged, as I'm able to just go along the curb with out any damage yet. They are a little expensive, but if it prevents some damage to the plow then it's worth it. The set cost me about $160.

Close up of curb guard.jpg

7. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

I noticed the the photo came in really small, I tried to edit an existing picture. I'll go get a new close up if you really want to see what they look like.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The rubber unit is more of a curb cleaner then guard. Most of my customers get a couple seasons out of the steel guard. The rubber varies due to operator abuse or use depending (of course) on the operator

9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

They look alot like the boss ones i'm used to. I will call the dealer monday to see if they can get them now that I have a part number. Thanks

10. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

$160 ouch i'll just make a set or burn threw my edges.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

check with your local dealer for his prices.

12. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i was the local dealer. and i won't pay the keystone pricing. I'm pretty much making my own stuff now. you guys (snoway) are mighty proud of your stuff. hard to sell plows when it rarely snows here. I do more ice control than snow removal.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't work for the Snoway.

14. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i know. sorry didn't mean it that way