1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway cordless remote

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morlan, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Morlan

Morlan Junior Member

My remote and main unit don't seem to be communicating very well. The remote takes several attempts sometimes before it comes on. It doesn't work from inside the cab very well. If I go outside and point the remote to the passenger side of the plow (control box?) it works almost every time. What do you think the problem is? Thanks.

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Did you replace or charge the batteries on the remote?

3. Morlan

Morlan Junior Member

Ya. New ones, old ones doesn't, make any difference.

4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Depends on the truck. Try it in the cab with ignition off. If it works good then, you have interference in the electrical system. On 90's GM's I always had to use wired controllers, not sure about the new Pro Controllers. Never hooked up to my Chevy's.

5. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

I have the old-style gray controller in my '98 Chevy and although I'd heard there may be issues, I've experienced none.

6. Morlan

Morlan Junior Member

It's a 2001 Tahoe. Does battery strength in the vehicle play a part?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of battery? We found Energizers to be the best. They are just a LITTLE longer and make better connection.

Not an issue with the new PRO control or Pro control II

No but the 2001 tahoe does. If it worked well previously then your transmitter is getting tired would be my guess.

8. Morlan

Morlan Junior Member

What's involved to hook up the pro controller?

9. Morlan

Morlan Junior Member

Hi Basher. I meant the tahoe's battery strength. Thanks.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shoot me an email snowtech @ basherandson.com