1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Controller Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DERBYDON, Mar 21, 2005.

DERBYDON Member

Help please.

Prepping plow for storage tonight. Hooked up controller and plow was working. Disconnected and shot contact cleaner in the handset and harness. Reconnected. Light came on - no plow action any direction. Cleaned and retried. same. Now cannot get unit to even turn on.

Rechecked power connection. Good. Checked hydraulics and all connections.

Any suggestions.

2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Be sure the plug has seated correctly.

Turn the ignition on and try it again.

If it still isn't working check the fuse in the trigger lead from the fuse block.
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Try fuse, or the plow solenoid under the hood.
  4. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

Do You get any clicking noise?
    Try using a large HD screwdriver to jump out the main electric solenoid under the hood. If the plow raises, you probably have a faulty solenoid. I have an aftermarket part # for a bit heavier unit, but I don't have it at hand at the moment, feel free to e-mail me, I will get the number to you.
    The manual has some good trouble shooting tips, or try customer support at Sno-way, they have been a big help to me.
    I have a Lobo V and love it!!