1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 9' 1'' v28 vs. fisher 9' 6'' xtreme v

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Bulldozer, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Hello, new user

I am thinking about changing my 8' Meyers to a vee on my new- to- me truck.

I have had a SnoWay 9' 25D and I liked it and miss the 9': :cry:

I would like to know the pros and cons and if SnoWay is going to be redesigning their vees
    because I would wait to see them.

I like Fisher's height.

Thank you :salute:
    Philip

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'd like to see what snoway's new V's are going to look like too. I would think they are going to get rid of the whole fixed middle section, because for windrowing the plow really must suck unless you are flying. Anyway, if they don't it is still a V. Can't hurt to update an old product though. I'm sure it will be nice. Maybe Tom will chip in and tell us what is going on.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

SW has a new Vee?

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

One thing I dont like about my 8.5 Extreme V is the back dragging, its horrible and SnoWay has the option of down pressure even with their V. I have never used or even seen a snow way V but I'm sure it similar in performance.

5. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

What is the weight dp adds and what is the attack angle?

6. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

the DP adds no extra physical weight to the plow. It works by applying down pressure to the lift cylinder. It actually attempts to pick up the front of your vehicle. So it has 2 good uses. It provides more pressure on the cutting edge and transfers more weight to your rear wheels for better traction. If i remember right it was something like 30% weight transfer.

I know the DP works great. On my diesel dually it tries to pick up the front end on it and it weighs close 4500 Lbs on my 2 front wheels

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

the DP adds no extra physical weight to the plow. It works by applying down pressure to the lift cylinder. It actually attempts to pick up the front of your vehicle. So it has 2 good uses. It provides more pressure on the cutting edge and transfers more weight to your rear wheels for better traction. If i remember right it was something like 30% weight transfer.

I know the DP works great. On my diesel dually it tries to pick up the front end on it and it weighs close 4500 Lbs on my 2 front wheels

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try asking Toby4492 for a new Snoway full line catalog. Has all the unit specs. you can also go to the SW site and check the municipal specs. it's all there.:nod:

TOM send him the catalog not the mailer;)

DP adds 250 psi to the wearedge down force, do a PSI comparison with anybody else and see where they stand. A 1000lbs plow would have to only have 4 sq in on the ground to match this. Lifts the front of my 2500 Ram 1 3/4 inches above normal unloaded ride height.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  9. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

By attack angle, I mean angle of cutting edge to pavement.

What is the weight equivelant dp adds to the cutting edge?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take time to read the posts they answer your question.