1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay 4' Receiver Spreader

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by duffman301, Nov 11, 2009.

1. duffman301

duffman301 Junior Member

Hello Everyone

I am looking into buying a SnoWay 4' Receiver Spreader and was wondering if anyone has ever owned one. I have a few small parking lots that i plow and salt. When i looked at it at the dealer i really liked it but when i went to there site they call it a "Non Commercial Unit." This Unit is 1275 plus tax installed. The next step up is the 6' Receiver Sreader and it is 1595 plus tax installed. Any advice on what i should do? are there any other makes and models that i should like at in this price range? Any advice would help.

The website for the spreaders are

http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/spreader/s/34 - SnoWay 4' Receiver Spreader

http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/spreader/s/15 - SnoWay 6' Receiver Spreader

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

While have customers satisfied with the 4 cu ft. If you are doing commercial work I suggest the 6 cu ft. Better spreader all the way around

3. duffman301

duffman301 Junior Member

Will i need to upgrade to the variable speed or vibrator kit with any of the units?

4. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I started with the 4 footer. Threw ice melters just fine, but had a hard time with bagged rock salt unless it was perfectly dry, and I mean perfect. Traded in for the 6 footer and haven't had an issue except with bagged that was pretty wet from a bad pallet that some how had half the bags wet. The 6 footer is the way to go. I always run it on high, so don't really think the variable speed is necessary.

5. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I have the 4' and do 2 Commercial Hotel Lots with it. If I had to do more then a lot of that size, I'd suggest going to a larger Spreader, but for me it does the trick.

I like the 4' because its easy to hook up and disconnect by yourself. It rolls easily and you can take it out even loaded with ease.

6. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

The 6 footer is just as easy to mount, spreads farther, holds more, and works more consistently than the 4 footer. For the price difference, go with 6, and skip the variable speed motor. You'll be happy you made the choice. We ran them side by side in my dealers lot, with bagged rock salt, and the 6 blew the 4 away.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod::nod:

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking at the 4 as well.