1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 4 cu ft VS. Snowex sr-210, opinions please

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by aloe, Nov 25, 2013.

1. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Looking for feedback on both of the above salters anyone have any direct experience?? Primarily running bagged salt.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look at larger units, 6 cubic foot if you are using a Pick up.

3. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

So that means don't buy either because they can't do the job?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have a couple customers using the SW4 and they are happy with them. they just require you to load from the ground. Not an issue if you are using a SUV but with a PU the SW6 is easier to load, has a larger motor and faster distribution.

I prefer the Snoway drive system to the SEx method, belts and sheaves are cheaper and easier to replace then gear motors.

5. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

If you purchase a SR-210, fab up your own lid. The cheap plastic cover they sell for $53 won't last a season. I'll grab a picture of the lid I built. The spreader works fine as long as the bagged salt is bone dry. I store mine inside when not in use, it doesn't like sitting outside in the cold/snow. Its light enough to remove at the end of the night. Initial installation couldnt be easier. Took me longer to break down the box and throw away the packing material than it did to assemble and test the unit.

6. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

Here is a picture of the lid. Don't waste your money on the plastic cover from snowex.

snowex.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  7. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Pick up....I figured I'd load from outside the truck anyway. I like the motor assembly too....idk, gonna look at both today or tomorrow. Money is an issue & these we both used.

8. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

That's cool, how did you do that? Also, you're happy with the wireless control & hi/Lo settings?

9. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

it's just sheet metal with a lip tig welded on. I traced the top of the hopper with a fat sharpie, that gave me about 1/2 inch clearance all the way around. Fits perfect. I put two tabs on the sides so i can strap it to the frame. I usually use hi. Low doesnt throw the salt very far. The only time I use low is on heavy ice. I never had a problem with range on the remote. I mounted it to the dash (so i wont loose it) and it works every time, no issues. Amazon actually had the lowest price on the unit. $599 with free shipping to my door. Dealer wanted $639+ tax and it a 30 minute drive.