1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 29 Down Pressure stuck on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by halfracer, Jan 2, 2011.

1. halfracer

halfracer Junior Member
    from CT

The down pressure solenoid on my 29 series is stuck on. During a recent storm it blew a fuse. After replacing the fuse I noticed the coil for the down pressure smoking and it blew another fuse. I replaced the coil and now the solenoid stays energized. To get the plow to stay up I have to unplug the down pressure solenoid. Can anyone suggest a troubleshooting procedure to determine the exact problem? This is my first non-Fisher plow and I'm a little frustrated so far.

I don't have confidence in my local Sno-Way dealer because of previous poor service experiences with some of their other lines of equipment.

Thank you.

2. halfracer

halfracer Junior Member
    from CT

Before the fuse blew I would frequently have press the buttons on the wireless controller 2-3 times to get it to respond. My first thought was batteries in the remote but multiple batteries have failed to make a difference.