1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway 28v left arm (blade will not extend out

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by blowsnowblow, Dec 20, 2012.

1. blowsnowblow

blowsnowblow Junior Member

first post on the site but definitely not my first visit to the site (it has helped me many times in the past)...PROBLEM i have a 2000 chevy 2500 with a snoway 28v series plow on it everything works except the left wing will not extend. i beleive it will pull back...also when trying to extend the left blade the plow raises ever so slightly...any help would be GREATLY appreciated! i have around 10v at the extend solenoid will pressing switch.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Monarch or fenner pump?

If it truly is a 28V with the monarch pump try swapping coils with another function and see if it changes.

If that doesn't fix it, swap valves swap the G (red) with the K (white) see if the problem moves with the valve.

If it's the Fenner shoot me an email at the address in my sig and I'll send you a couple PDFs that will help

Let me know:waving:

3. blowsnowblow

blowsnowblow Junior Member

thank you so much for the fast reply...snow is coming tonight and this is the only plow in the fleet thats not functioning correctly! i will try this right now and let you know what i find

4. 82F100SWB

82F100SWB Junior Member

Basher, sent you an e-mail,
    Have a 28V that is doing the same thing, fenner pump.
    Thanks in Advance