1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 28v center cutting egde

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by APS, Dec 27, 2010.

1. APS

APS Junior Member
    from montana

I have the single center rubber cutting edge on my 28v. The bottom of the tower has worn down to the point where is has ground off the nuts that are securing the rubber cutting edge to the base of the tower. To fix it, can I just redrill the holes immediately above the existing holes and remount the rubber piece or is there something else that I need to consider? Thanks.
  2. APS

APS Junior Member
    from montana

With the help of the local dealer, i learned that the bottom of the tower is hitting the pavement because the cutting edges were worn out and needed to be replaced. I replaced the cutting edges and the problem is solved. Now I just need to "retrain" the center rubber scraper so that it is even with new edges. Thanks to those of you that have been thinking about this issue.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Run skid feet take the time to adjust the skid feet and the articulators and you will get a great scrape and longer wearedge life.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

replace the rubber one with a steel one....much better scraping
    you will have to make your own as the steel is not a factory piece
    I did mine a few years ago and it is awesome
  5. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member